Five Easy Star Hunting Steps:
- Use the Globe at Night website to help find your constellation in the night sky.
- Use the Globe at Night website to find the latitude and longitude of the location where you are making your observation.
- Go outside more than an hour after sunset (8-10 pm local time). The Moon should not be up. Let your eyes become used to the dark for 10 minutes before your first observation.
- Match your observation to one of 7 magnitude charts and note the amount of cloud cover.
- Report the date, time, location (latitude/longitude), the chart you chose, and the amount of cloud cover at the time of observation. Make more observations from other locations, if possible. Compare your observation to thousands around the world!
Globe at Night 2015 Dates and Constellations
January 11-20, February 9-18, March 11-20, 2015
April 9-18, May 9-18, 2015
June 8-17, July 7-16, 2015
August 5-14, September 3-12, 2015
October 3-12, 2015
November 2-11, December 2-11, 2015